Ideas From 10 Trending Living Rooms on Houzz
The top trending living rooms on Houzz provide a wealth of decorating ideas — whether it’s adding stylish wallpaper to the ceiling or embracing the power of symmetry. The ideas that follow come from the most popular living rooms on Houzz as measured by the number of people saving photos of them to their Houzz idea books recently. See if any will work in your home.
1. Chic ceilings. Like a cherry on top, wallpaper on the ceiling can put the finishing touch on a room. This Canadian living room features Cole & Son’s Malachite, from the Fornasetti collection, which adds whimsy and depth to the
2. Tone on tone. This sublime living room in Perth, Australia, shows the power of decorating a space in similar color tones. From the walls to the tufted furniture to the Greek key-bordered rug, this space is awash in shades of beige. The overall effect is soothing and confident.
3. Bold bookshelves. For the bibliophiles out there, having books integrated into living room design is often a must, but that doesn’t mean you have to be boring about it. This custom bookshelf in London is a great example of how shelving can be an exciting interior element.
4. Sensational symmetry. It has been said that symmetry is the key to beauty. If that’s the case, this Charlotte, North Carolina, living room designed by Chuck Frusterio is a knockout. The placement of the sofas, chairs, end tables and lamps is mirrored on both sides of the fireplace.
5. Vanishing TV. Placing a flat-screen television above the fireplace tends to be a love it-or-hate it proposition. A Séura television mirror might be the answer to make everyone happy. At the touch of a button, it transforms from a TV into a decorative looking glass — and no one is the wiser.
6. Showstopping chandelier. If you want to make a statement in your living room, there may be no better vehicle than a stellar chandelier. This minimalist Los Angeles living room designed by Lori Dennis features a Currey & Company light fixture that steals the show.
7. Modern approach. A reading corner in a living room often evokes an image of an overstuffed upholstered armchair and a traditional reading light. But this Russian living room shows that you can create a sleek reading corner with modern pieces like this leather Egg chair and Kyudo floor lamp.
8. Open space. Open floor plans have been popular for living rooms for some time, and this impressive living space in a former Boston area school converted by SWZ Architects is a terrific example of why the layout continues to draw adoring fans.
9. Eye-catching art. This Toronto living room designed by Catherine Alison Interiors illustrates how a piece of art can both unify the colors in a room and add an element that draws your attention without overpowering the space.
10. The bigger, the better. They say that everything is bigger in Texas — and this Fort Worth living room seems to confirm it. With its massive sectional, large flat-screen television and extra-wide gas fireplace, there’s plenty of space for a movie night with family and friends.
Source from: www.houzz.com/ideabooks/71107712/list/ideas-from-10-trending-living-rooms-on-houzz